To Register for the ICT Conference online click here
SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEM FOR UNN DATA CENTRE COMMISSIONED
University of Nigeria, Nsukka keyed into the green energy revolution on Tuesday February 23rd 2016 when a high powered Solar Energy System capable of powering all the equipments at the Data Centre independent of the national grid was commissioned by the Director of ICT/Innovation Centre Dr. Olisa Okeke.
This landmark innovation which also involved the restructuring of the Data Centre to a world class status was made possible by the goodwill of the Vice Chancellor, Prof. B. C. Ozumba. It has solved, once and for all, every power issue at the Data Centre and has gone a long way in helping to stabilize internet services around the university community.
UNN e-Market Place Project Launch-February 23rd, 2016.
The e-Market Place project is geared towards harmonizing and harnessing the financial benefits of all operated businesses, market spaces and facilities within the University, through an online electronic platform.
Included in this project are biometric identity cards which will be issued to all traders on site to improve security and effective monitoring of people who are engaged in various types of businesses on our site.
The project is aimed at:
- Creating and Managing an e-Market platform that will host the details of all University commercial facilities/spaces and their operators
- Issuing biometric identity cards for business operators on the three campuses of the University.
- Determining appropriate levels of charges and rents to optimize University Income
- Registering all businesses with regularized rent and charges
- Issuing appropriate tenancy agreements to support above
- Liaising with and providing relevant information to the University security Department
- Liaising with the bursary Department to ensure that all accruable revenues are properly paid into designated University account
With the zeal to achieve these objectives, a committee of 11 members was formed from different Units and Departments of the University to oversee the successful implementation of this project.
The project has been developed and implemented and registration has started. For Further Information, please contact any of the following:
- Ogechi Shadamoro -09055397591
- Ann Orji – 08114289840
- Elizabeth Ukeje – 07057116872